Nancledra Science Curriculum
At Nancledra School, in conjunction with the aims of the National Curriculum, our Science curriculum ensures that children:
- Develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of Biology, Chemistry and Physics;
- Develop understanding of the nature, processes and methods of Science through different types of science enquiries that help them to answer scientific questions about the world around them;
- Are equipped with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of Science, today and for the future.
- Develop the essential scientific enquiry skills to deepen their scientific knowledge.
- Use a range of methods to communicate their scientific information and present it in a systematic, scientific manner, including I.C.T., diagrams, graphs and charts.
- Develop a respect for the materials and equipment they handle with regard to their own, and other children’s safety.
- Develop an enthusiasm and enjoyment of scientific learning and discovery.
Children have weekly lessons in Science throughout Key Stage 1 and 2. In Early years, science is taught through the children learning about the world around them in their learning through play.
|Nancledra Science Curriculum Coverage March 22||[pdf 601KB]|
|Nancledra Science Skills & Knowledge Progression March 22||[pdf 518KB]|
|Nancledra Science Working Scientifically - Progression March 22||[pdf 461KB]|